We are excited to announce that the Heritage Center Museum will be reopening Saturday June 13. This is phase 1 of Heritage Sylvania’s Responsible Reopen plan.
The safety of our guests and staff are a priority and with that in mind we are taking a phased approached to the re-opening of our sites.
Phase 1 is the opening of the Heritage Center Museum. As part of our Responsible Reopen we have a few important pieces of information:
- All staff will be wearing masks
- Guests will be strongly encouraged to wear them as well (and we even have them if you need one).
- We do ask if you are feeling ill, have been exposed to COVID 19 or other flu, have a fever or a cough or have been around someone who has that you postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
- We have NEW HOURS: We will be open Saturdays only from 11 – 2.
- 11:00 – 12:00 we invite those at a higher risk, and those who fall into our History Keeper category (ages 65 and older) and members of Heritage Sylvania to visit first.
- 12:00 – 2:00 we welcome all other guests.
- We will limit capacity to three groups at a time (so everyone in your family/group can come at once; but only three guest groups will be able to be in the museum at any one time)
- We have adjusted the traffic flow and will have designated entry and exit doors that will be marked with signs.
- We ask that guests maintain social distancing while in the museum.
- We have increased our cleaning and sanitation procedures and will be doing hourly cleaning of banisters, handrails, door knobs and other touchable surfaces.
- We will have hand sanitizing stations throughout the museum.
- All hands-on exhibit items will be temporarily removed.
- There will be no public bathroom facilities available in the museum.
We will continue to monitor and refine our procedures as we begin our reopening process.
Our goal is to have the Historical Village open for the August Art Walk and the Lathrop House will be opening later in the summer. Stay tuned as those details get finalized.
We invite you to come step back in time and visit the Heritage Center Museum!